Sunday, October 19, 2008

Homer Street



homer_street_sign_close, originally uploaded by philosaurus.

Pictured: A modified sign for East Homer Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin's Bay View neighborhood. This is about two blocks from our old flat. A friend contacted me and recommended I go to this corner as soon as possible.

I did, and this is what was waiting for me. A resident raking leaves under the sign told me "some kids put it up in the middle of the night, with a ladder. They did a really good job, actually."

Sorry for the bad quality pic - blame my temperamental camera and the sunny day.


By the way, Google's Street View cameras haven't been to this corner yet. Maybe this sign will make it onto Google Maps.


Thanks to throbbingeye for the tip!

1 comment:

Mike said...

That is so freakin cool.